November 24, 2009

Purplephilia franken



It has been a labor of love to get this pic posted. Not only is my computer slow, but my internet connection has been incredibly unreliable all day as well.

Purple is a beautiful color, but it seems as though no company has got it "just right" so I ventured to make my own Holy Grail of purple polishes. She has been named "Purplephilia" after a very lovely lady from one of my favorite sites on Earth - Makeup Alley. She ever so graciously allowed me to "steal" her name for this grape splendor.

How did Purplephilia come to be you ask? Very simply.

I mixed equal parts of NYC clear polish, LA Girl Midnight Diva, and Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl in an empty bottle. Then, I added a gratuitous amount of Sally Girl Sparkle Effects loose glitter in Violet Vixen and three (yes, three) stainless steel zinc coated "ballz". After everything was in the bottle, I shook and shook and shook and shook. Presto! Instant blingage!!

The ONLY downside to this little beauty is that the loose glitter tends to settle at the bottom of the bottle, as is common when loose glitters are used to franken with, and it is quite a pain to mix it back up once settled. It's totally worth it though. This is like a purple version of China Glaze's Ruby Pumps on steroids.

1 comment: